A Locke for the Reality Challenged

A blog in the tradition of Carneades, Xenophanes, and Montaigne.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Road Trip from Hell....

I am sorry I haven't written for awhile but I helped two of my friends move from California to the midwest. It was a long drive and not at all what I envisioned. One of my friends had his nephew help us. He was a knuckle draggin idiot from the shallow end of the gene pool. We stopped in Albuquerque,NM at a mexican resteurant. I knew when we walked into the place it would have great food because there were not a lot of caucasians in there. They had not one but TWO bands playing to the patrons. One was a spanish guitar trio and one was a brass band with trumpets. I was excited to sit down and eat. The nephew (lets call him Jethro) says when he first comes into the lobby (where there are about 15 people waiting) "We don't belong in here. We are the only white people in here. We're gonna get stabbed." Everyone, and I mean everyone, in the lobby turned and looked at him. I could not believe it. I said " I can't wait to eat". Then the next morning at a little breakfast place Jethro asks the waitress "Are you a Samoan?" She doesn't blink but responds that she is Navaho. My friend looks at his nephew and asks him if he has to say everything that comes into his mind. Jethro says he doesn't like Samoans. Again my friend tells his nephew to keep his thoughts to himself. It was very interesting. No one wanted to ride in the car with him (we took two cars). He's only 22 but I don't remember being that stupid at 22. And he is ,of course, a Bush supporter.
He doesn't have a job and he sponges off of his relatives. Just like George!

The answer to the quote is....Barry Goldwater. Some people question it but later in life Barry became very tolerant of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home